Application Deadline: June 15, 2019.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is delighted to announce the Ninth annual SPDC JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarshipfor applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states. The objective of the scholarship programme is to provide postgraduate study opportunity in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, for qualifying students from these Niger Delta states
In the eight years of this programme, 79students have won the opportunity to study at top-rated universities inthe UK on full scholarship
For the academic year commencingSeptember 2019, SPDC in partnership with three universities in theUK–Imperial College London; University of Leeds; and University ofAberdeen will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc.studies.
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
|Imperial College London||MSc Petroleum Engineering MSc Petroleum Geoscience|
|University of Abeerdeen||MSc Geophysics MSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering MSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience|
|University of Leeds||MSc Exploration Geophysics MSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering|
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must
- display sound intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- meetthe individual university’s English Language requirements (usually atleast 6.5 in IELTS score valid for Sept. 2018 admission). Please notethat TOEFL is no longer recognised by most UK universities. Candidatesare advised that failure to meet each university’s English Languagerequirement at the time of selection may invalidate their application.
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2019.
- be an indigene of Rivers, Delta, Imo or Bayelsa states (documentary proof of this will be required and will be verified).
- currently reside in Nigeria.
- plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study.
- have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper Honours degree).
- not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2020
- beneither a current nor former employee (who has left employment lessthan 5 years before) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group or any Shellcompany or the local Nigerian consultant
- not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the local Nigerian consultant
- Submit application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates to attend interviews before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities and the local Nigerian consultant not later than June 15, 2019.
Thescholarship will cover tuition, one economy return-flight ticket fromNigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
More information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained from the websites of the three individual universities.
- *Pleasenote that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Associationof Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and arelimited to this only.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NORany Shell company is obligated to offer employment of any sort to anycandidate upon graduation, neither are successful candidates bonded toSPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
For More Information: